This property offers discriminating investors or users the opportunity to purchase a classic building with unparalleled location and presence in DC’s Dupont Circle submarket. Built in 1908, the Georgian Revival style building has distinctive red brick, grand columns, extensive trim and oversized windows. It was commissioned by Samuel Walter Woodward, co-founder of the Woodward & Lothrop department store and designed by renowned Washington, DC architect, Frederic B. Pyle. The Property interior was recently brought to shell condition to assist a future owner’s renovation preference. This cost-savings in demolition is effectively a blank canvas for a design of choice. The property is comprised of four levels with views of the Washington Monument as well as a large outdoor private garden and two car garage. The generous floorplates can easily accommodate multiple offices, meeting rooms and open work areas. The building is approximately 11,813 SF. This property most recently served as the Embassy of Colombia and prior to that as the Hungarian Legation. Aside from the building’s historic charm, the Kalorama location, off of Embassy Row and north of Dupont Circle, is ideal. With several dozen restaurants and hotels within walking distance, and two Metro locations equally close, it is ideal for any type of office or residential use. The strength of the location is reflected in a high walk score of 94.
Listing courtesy of Nhabit Real Estate Co..